Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the New School Year!

Hopefully you all enjoyed the summer and are ready for another great school year to begin! 

While I'm excited for the new school year, and many students are as well, not everyone is as enthusiastic. A new school year can be stressful for any child. That's OK!  With time and support they will adjust. Below you will find a link to help your child get ready to come back to school. 

Click here for tips on preparing your child for elementary school.

I am available Monday through Friday to assist you and your child whenever needed. Please let us know what we can do to help! I can be reached at 264-5951.  I have confidential voicemail so please leave me a message.

During the first few weeks of school I often invite groups of children to have snack or lunch with me.  This allows me to get to know them a bit better and adds a special time for them during the day.  Don't be surprised if your child comes home sometime and says we had lunch!

Throughout the school year I run guidance groups that focus on various topics.  Please check out my groups tab above for more information.  If your child is invited to join a formal group I will send home a letter about it.  Please feel free to call me if you have questions.  Students really enjoy participating in guidance groups and they are a nice compliment to what we learn in guidance class.  If there is a particular group you want your child to join please send me an email at Mcclearyc@csdvt.org or call me at the number above.

Here's looking at a successful year of learning!  --  Mrs. McCleary


No comments:

Post a Comment